Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Accident

Picture this... Steep Down Hill...



Loaded stroller with all sorts of beach stuff, and children





The stroller goes out of control, racing down the hill at death defying speeds. Mom charges after the wreckage, hoping to reach the stroller before it crashes and kills the precious cargo inside. Faster than a locomotive, mom reaches the stroller and changes the momentum, the stroller tips over, Carson lands on the curb and Cooper lands right on top of his brother.






The kids are safe, no broken bones but mom continued down the hill with the momentum of the stroller. She stops her fall with her teeth and other body parts.







Two dentists visits later, a root canal, and corrective tooth surgery, I now owe my third child to the dentist, but we are all OK and grateful nothing worse happened. Scott thinks I'm a hero and I think I am a bad mom for letting this happen. I'll be glad when this day is over.




7 comments:

  1. I guess you won't be going back to our favorite beach. Aren't you glad you have a blog to post this forever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the? I am so glad to hear that everyone is alright (under the circumstances). I think you are a HERO also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh and wow and holy mama's canolli. . . You ARE a hero, hello? AND gnarly tooth pic. I have one like that--it's stored away on my phone forever. . . AND its the same tooth, only, it's gone. . .
    Bless you Lisa Lightening Legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooh no! But you saved your kids!!!! By the way, if you're in the market for a new stroller, part of the reason I like mine is for a safety feature in a situation like this. It's a double tike tech trax 360...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry it cost you your third child, but at least you saved your first two, right! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. Lisa-that sucks but at the same time-I am totally in awe of the mama bear:)And that is kind of an awesome tooth pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just think Lisa... you will live another day and this will be one of those early childhood memories of carson that he will always remember. They say trama does that to early memory. You saved my posterity. Feel the love.

    ReplyDelete